Hazel Brown Law Firm, PLLC Can Help You Protect
Your Family And Your Assets

Expunctions and Nondisclosures

Last updated on November 9, 2021

It is possible to have your criminal history removed by court order.

You may be eligible for a court-ordered expunction to clear your criminal record if:

  1. You were arrested but never prosecuted and the statute of limitations has run out
  2. You were arrested, prosecuted and acquitted
  3. You were arrested and prosecuted and the case was dismissed for other reasons
  4. You were arrested, prosecuted and then convicted of a lesser charge

If you are interested in learning whether this is an option for you, contact Hazel Brown Law Firm, PLLC, for more information.

How To Expunge Your Record

Texas law allows a person to file a petition with the court in the county in which the criminal action was filed. This petitioner requests an order that all records from all related law enforcement agencies or court entities remove all information from the record related to the arrest or charge in question. This request requires at least 30 days’ notice to the prosecuting attorney and other related entities before a hearing on the matter. At the hearing, if there is no objection from law enforcement, and if the court finds that you meet all the requirements to be eligible for expunction, the order will be issued accordingly.

The attorneys at Hazel Brown Law Firm, PLLC, are experienced professionals and can help you clear that negative history efficiently and effectively.

Conditions For Having Your Criminal Record Sealed

This is done through an order of nondisclosure. You may be eligible to obtain an order of nondisclosure if you have successfully completed a term of deferred adjudication probation for an offense. The process for obtaining an order of nondisclosure is very similar to that of an expunction.

Learn Whether Expunction Is Right For You

Let the experienced attorneys at Hazel Brown Law Firm, PLLC, get rid of that mistake in your past for good. Contact the firm for more information or to set up a consultation at 830-629-6955 or send the firm an email. The team will return your call or email within one business day.